Monday, June 14, 2010

A Mommy Experience

So, Maggie, my niece, might hate me when she is older for telling this story, but right now, I feel it is worth telling.

Last week when Marty and Stephanie were in Hawaii (yes I am still getting over the jealousy! ;) Adam's parents aka Grandmother and Papa took Mollie, Macy, Maggie, and Hallie to Gatlinburg for the week. Adam and I decided we'd go down for a couple of days and hang out with the girls too. So, Thursday night we decided to take all 4 girls to the pool for a night swim. Grandmother and Papa were excited about this. :) So, we head off with the 4 girls and we are having a great time. We have Maggie in her life jacket and I am teaching her how to jump in without being caught by me (who is exhausted from catching, helping flip, etc. by this point) All of the sudden Maggie says "poop just came out." I thought OH NO, NOT IN THE POOL!!! Well, luckily I had put a little swimmers pull up on her before we had gone to the pool. She definitely didn't like the feeling of the poop, but I, not be an experienced packer of things for kids, didn't bring an extra swimmer pull up. So, being the genius I am, I think I will just take her to the pool bathroom and dump out the poopy in the toilet, and be done with it. Boy, am I dumb! When Maggie pulled it off, before I could do anything, her poopy fell on the floor of the bathroom!!! Here is this huge pile of mushy poopy on the floor and Maggie is saying "shoo, that stinks!" I am totally agreeing with Mags at this point. I am trying not to gag and saying a pep talk to myself "be a mom, be a mom!!" I have to get A LOT of TP and pick it up off the floor and put it in the toilet. Well, then I had to proceed with the the cleaning up of Maggie... took A LOT of TP too as wet wipes would have been handy at this point! (Again, not a thinker when it comes to packing those things, I mean it's a simple trip to the pool right?)

I finally get her cleaned up and I go out and tell Adam we need another little swimmer so if she needs to go again, it really won't end up in the pool. He calls grandmother and she says "Maggie hasn't worn one of those all week, she just tells me when she needs to go." "WHAT!!" Why didn't I know that?!?!?!

So, I feel I have been initiated into motherhood. When Drew was staying with us I would be so worried until I heard him come home at night. So, that is me going through the later years with a child and now I have picked up poopy off of the bathroom floor. I mean, if all of that AND marrying a BIG CHILD named Adam hasn't prepared me for motherhood, I don't know what would!

Now, let me end with this, I wouldn't trade a minute of my time with my nieces, poop and all for ANYTHING in this world! I have been blessed with 5 precious nieces who give me great joy and whom I love more than I could even begin express. I hope to one day bring another little one into the equation, oh Lord, what if it's a boy... what will we do?!?! :) Probably stick a bow in his head, right Cassady Girls? :)

8 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud! That is so funny! One day I'm sure she'll laugh about it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how this story reminds me of the first time I had to change my oldest niece's poopy diaper (lost my lunch, plus some), while she screamed her head off (poor thing).
    Thanks to Carol and sweet baby Elliott, who, at one point, could create the nastiest of nasty poopy diapers, I am able to keep my food in-tack, have mastered not gagging, and am able to get through it with coo's and smiles.

    So glad Maggie was able to give you such a memorable Mommy experience...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this story!!! Still giggling about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I am so glad the Cassady girls have you for a aunt...you are so good to my girls and I love you even more for that! Yes, if we have a sweet boy in the family we will atleast have to dress him up a few times with big bows and frills. Can't wait to do it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute story!! I remember taking my best friends little girl to a public restroom for the first time. She started undressing completely, shoes and all in the bathroom stall of Kroger!! YIKES! I told her that we could try and potty with our clothes on and she started crying! Oops!

    ReplyDelete