Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Loved Child

A friend of ours was over the other night and he said "you know, a child is loved so much when you are expecting, but your child, gosh, what love he/she is going to feel because you've waited so long." He also said if I ever felt that no one was thinking about us, that I always needed to know his wife talks about us all the time and that filled my heart. Sometimes people don't know that what they say is just what you needed at that moment. I know when mom's are pregnant the love they feel for their child before they even see them is unconditional. I too feel this way about our miracle in waiting. I have no idea if they are in this world yet, have been conceived, or if their birth mother is about to make the hardest decision of her life at this very moment. I truly pray for birth mothers and thank God for them. Not only do I already love my child, but so many of my friends and family do too. Here are the latest Baby Cassady presents that my dear friends have bought.



What an adorable little blanket that would work for Carter or Ava! Alicia bought this for us. She is already finding deals on all kinds of baby stuff, we just need a baby to know when to buy it! ;)



These are precious little onesies! Neesa is working at Gymboree during the summer and she said she couldn't wait anymore! It's killing her to work around all of the cute baby stuff and not get it all for Carter or Ava! If we knew if it were Carter or Ava or both, this would help with the desire to purchase everything in site! ;)

It's not just the gifts that excite me, it's that my friends and family are wanting this for us as badly as we are wanting it for ourselves. So many times people have hugged me and said they're praying for us. That fills my heart and helps me get through another day. Now, I am not always sad about this and there are days that I feel such peace, but on those rough days, I try to think of all my family and friends prayers that I know are going to prove out!

4 comments:

  1. We're praying and hoping (and crossing all our fingers and toes) for your precious miracle baby! Stay strong and have faith (I know, easier said than done.) Love you lots!

    P.S. LOVE the new blog look. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just like the wife spoken of above...I talk about you to my husband at least once a day. The courage, the strength, the faith, and patience that it must be taking is definately worth speaking of and praying about. I seriously can not wait to officially meet you tomorrow (I heard through Emily that you are attending the Blogger Picnic). Even more so, I can't wait to meet your Ava/Carter...as I know I'll be one of many that will have already fell in love with him/her!
    Daily, I whisper a prayer and think of you, Adam, and the baby God is taking his time to hand pick for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog thru a friend and was drawn to it due to your journey to adopt a precious child. We tried for over five years for a child and fought those struggles of infertility so I deeply understand your longing for a family. We began our journey to adopt 3 years ago. We prayed and waited.....not so patiently at times, but we waited....and prayed some more... and God blessed us with a baby boy who is now 2 years old! I pray that your sweet baby finds his or her way to you soon, but I know that it is all in God's time. Hang in there and your baby will be here in perfect timing. I realize know that all our years of struggle for a family were worth every moment and tear..because I was meant to be my sweet baby boy's Mommy...Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to meet you last week at the picnic. You seem like such a beautiful person ,inside and out. I hope that we will see each other again, soon! ;) Until then, I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers...and I just know that Ava/Carter will be home soon - in your arms, where they belong. Until then, keep the faith and lean on the good Lord for strength.

    Isaiah 40:31
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

    ReplyDelete