Monday, June 7, 2010

Happiness Counts

First of all I want to thank everyone who commented on my last blog. You will NEVER know how much I appreciated it and how it has opened my eyes to see I am not the only person in the world who hurts because of lack of children. It really is amazing how many people have contacted me through this blog that truly understand what we are going through. I cried numerous times while reading comments and they have kept me going!!!

I have been too doom and gloom here lately, so I thought I would make a list of things I am thankful for. I know we can't have all good and perfect days, but I want to try to be more positive and not focus on the things that I really have no control over. I am thankful for a lot more than is on my list, but I thought I would a few on today and add to it on days when I am feeling blue. Some are silly, but they make me smile.

1. My salvation and my church. I have no idea where I'd be without God, good Christian friends, and a church to go to that will remind me of so many good things and so many things I need to work for.
2. A husband who always brings a smile to my face (BTW Happy 31st Birthday Adam!) I am blessed with a great companion.
3. My family whom I depend on for so many things
4. My friends who are always there (yes even at 11:00 at night when my hardwood floors are being done and they smell so bad that Adam and I pack up and head over!) Alicia, you are the best friend anyone could ever ask for! Kerry, you aren't too bad either! :)
5. My home, not the material things, but the fact I have a good place to come home to every night
6. Steak, yes, steak. I LOVE steak! :)
7. Retail therapy. There is something about shopping that can make so many things seem better!
8. Inflatables! I loved it when my brother-in-law,Kyle, got one for his school and invited Adam and I over the night before it got taken away for a play date with him, Staffanne, Hallie and Hannah! I love being a big kid and I love how Kyle and Staffanne include us so often!
9. Pedicures... I LOVE them! Someone else dealing with my feet is great!
10. Massages... those are the bomb-diggity! I could have my back rubbed for hours a day, if I could afford it.

So, there are 10 things I am thankful for. I am thankful for much more but I will save those for a rainy day. I know some are goofy, but hey, I am so not a very serious person! I want Baby Cassady to know his/her mom wasn't always so serious!

4 comments:

  1. You forgot one important thing....MEXICO at 11:00 am :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Mexico @ 11:00 is FABULOUS! I can't believe you are thinking about that at 5:20 A.M!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things on your list make me smile, too, and are things in which I am thankful for as well. Your number one would be mine, too...and what girl wouldn't be thankful for 7, 9, and 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet ;) you know you are ALWAYS welcomed at our crib! I still can't believe that I get to live next door to my best friend!! One of my many blessings!

    ReplyDelete