Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Really? Am I Having This Conversation with the Census Lady?

I hope my title intrigued you all! So, yesterday I pull in the driveway and there is a SUV there that I am not familiar with. I thought "Oh great, a politician campaigning!" I always hate when they come by because I want to tell them all how I want to vote for them (even if I am not so sure) I just feel for them... anyway I get out and this man and woman get out. They are with the Census people coming to ask us questions since we didn't get something in the mail. So I invite them in. They are in love with our house and have offered to marry Adam to get to live here, yes even the man said he'd bring his wife too! (they have no idea what they would be dealing with) :)
So, they ask me how many people live in the house and when I said 2 and the lady said we needed to get busy filling this house with children. I told her we are on an adoption waiting list. Her eyes filled with tears and she said her daughter gave a child up for adoption last June and she thought it was wonderful we are wanting to adopt. She then proceeds with the questionnaire, but then when I am walking her out she said "are you approved by the state" and I told her yes, that we have peed in cups, had blood drawn, background checks done, pretty much given everything but a limb to be on the list. She said she has a lot of connections with different people and travels around a lot, so she wanted our name and phone number in case she hears of anything. She named all of these connections she had which was pretty cool.
She then tells me she'll be praying for Adam and I and that she feels God has a precious little one for us. She also has a son who lives in California and said she'd tell he and his wife about us. She then offered to drive to California to get us a baby if she needed to!
I mean really, who has this type of conversation with the Census lady? How random, yet how wonderful! I think word of mouth might be the trick for us. We have a couple we know that's getting ready to adopt and they found out about their baby through someone her sister ran into at Wal-Mart of all places!! So, yes mention us to anyone you see! The other day I saw a girl about 16 who was very pregnant and I told Allie I was going to go up to her and ask her if she has considered adoption. No, I wouldn't do that, but believe me, it is tempting!
I just wanted to share that crazy story that absolutely made my day!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so crazy how our paths cross with people who we never knew and we some how form a connection. However, I feel God has a plan for us all, and sometimes those people come into our lives for that very reason. I will gladly drive with you and the "census lady" to California or the end of the earth to get Baby Cassady! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete