Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So much sweetness, I might get a cavity!

My sweet friends keep doing the most thoughtful things for me! It started last week when Lesley put the link to my blog on hers with the cutest baby dressed as an elephant to get the word out to others about our adoption and now so many others have it on there and I've received some sweet comments from people I don't even know! Then on Sunday, Carol and Jessica Madison gave baby Cassady presents! Carol's is definitely for Baby Ava but she is looking for Baby Carter something too! (Which she doesn't have to do!)

Then last week two of my students invited me to a Teacher Appreciation Dinner at their church. The students were supposed to invite a teacher who inspires them to come. That right there was worth it to me, but when we got there I was treated like a Hollywood Star and had the best time. I was presented with a Golden Apple Award and a great dinner. We took silly pictures and enjoyed each other's company. Then the students had filled out a questionnaire on their teacher, what size shoe, favorite food, etc. and they gave them to us. You have to see what my sweet little girl in my room wrote.





This is Baby Ava's gift from Carol! How cute is that?!?! She said Target has a lot of boy and girl elephant stuff... come on Baby Cassady, we need to know who you are so we can buy the right gender things! :)





This is the cutest card Jessica gave me. It was for a baby shower but had an elephant on it and she said she had to get it for me. Inside it has a CD with an elephant on it with baby lullaby's! I can't wait to hear those playing in the nursery (because if it were me singing to the baby, they would be crying more!) :)




This is a pic of the part of the questionnaire my student filled out. It says does your teacher have children and she put "no, but I hope will soon" How sweet is that? My students asked me at the beginning of the year if I had children and I decided to be open with them (not about the why) :) but I told them we were going through adoption. They were so sweet and ask about it all of the time. Then the day I got the email from Anne saying we were officially "waiting" I was at school and I told the kids and about 5 of my girls screamed and jumped up and down with tears in their eyes! I have been blessed with a very caring group of girls this year!

Also, I do NOT wear a 5 1/2 shoe size as she thinks and my favorite food isn't soup. Actually, I don't really like soup! I love that she thinks my favorite things are to dance and make people happy, which is mostly true, especially the dancing part!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you might get a cavity...because people are being so sweet, that is! :-) It's very easy to do nice things for nice people, and even easier to shop for Baby Cassady! My eyes are open for Baby Carter! So glad to call you my friend, and to lend some encouragement when you need it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful person and I can't wait to meet Baby Cassady!

    ReplyDelete