Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother's Day Gift!

Yes, this is my 3rd post in a row, but I had a lot I wanted to share! Yesterday I got a text from Staffanne saying she'd left something on my front porch for me. Shut up! I LOVE surprises!!!

When I got home I opened up a gift (the awesomely adorable towel in the pic) and the sweetest card! Staffanne wanted to give me something to increase my faith and know she's still praying that next year I'll get to celebrate my first Mother's Day! So this was a Mother's Day gift for a "mom-to-be." How sweet is that?!?! To be honest, Mother's Day does make me a little sad but I am thankful for my wonderful mother who is my mom and my friend. I couldn't ask for a better mom, so I try to focus on that and not my lack of being a mom. I am also thankful for all my my friends who are mothers, as you inspire me daily and I learn so much from you.

Anyway, I had to document my first Mom's Day gift from my sweet sister-in-law who happens to be my sweet friend too!


5 comments:

  1. Emily, I had an idea after reading your blog tonight and I hope you like it!! Read my blog post from tonight and let me know what you think! I started to ask you first but I decided I'd rather surprise you. If for some reason you don't like it, I can take it off right away. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears flowing this morning....You "know" how much I love you and how I pray that God will give you the desires of your heart! I just know the call is coming soon, and I can't wait to be right there to rejoice with you! This baby/babies will be so rotten, because I plan to kiss their sweet face as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I told you next year we are going to have us a big ol' Mothers Day Party! ;) Like Staffanne I feel the call will come soon and I can't wait to see this sweet baby! You have always been a strength to me during this whole process! You are going to be a one awesome Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you and Adam to get your baby! I just saw Lesley's post and added it to my blog. I also happened to remember that I have the cutest elephant Halloween costume that Ella wore on her first Halloween, and I would love to share it with you!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think you know me...but I will be praying for you and your sweet baby to hurry up and come home to you.....just keep the faith....

    ReplyDelete