Monday, April 19, 2010

First Step... Admitting You Have A Problem

So, I have admitted it, I have a problem. What is this problem? Buying things for a child whom I don't have yet nor do I know is a boy, girl, both, how big, how small, etc. I still get the GREATEST joy and pleasure from buying our miracle things though! My dear friend Neesa works at Gymboree on weekends and throughout the summer and she got a huge discount this weekend and since the new boy line (which I could make work for a girl too since I am not into the big bows or all pink) is ELEPHANTS, I had to get stuff! How exciting is that for this elephant crazed lady! Now, mind you my camera isn't working right and things are a little blurred and look very blue when they're more turquoise, but I still had to share!



So this was on my desk this morning when I got to school. It's a Time For Kids Magazine. Neesa wrote Mama Emily on the big elephant and Baby Ava/Carter on the baby elephant! Neesa is too sweet! I think I have changed everyone's thinking when they see elephants, they think of me! (Which I think is good?!?!)




This is the adorable blanket with elephants... love it!



Here are the too cute socks!




Here's the little hat and sleeper. :)




This has to be my favorite! It's says Mommy's Little Peanut! I can't quit smiling when I see that!



I couldn't leave Adam out and this isn't elephant but it's yellow with a monkey on it. (I know you can't tell in the horrible pic) Too cute too!!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! What a thoughtful friend and what a bonus that she works at Gymboree!

    We enjoyed being with you all yesterday! Eric and I thought the food was great too!

    BTW, I just have to tell you that I REALLY thought I'd never love the big bows-seriously. I kept telling Carol when I was expecting EC that that stuff just wasn't my style. And I've never been much of a fan of pink. Ha! It's so funny how my mind changed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of the clothes are too sweet! can't wait to see him/her in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily and Adam, thank you for the wonderful announcement card; we are so happy for you guys! You two definitely will be among the best parents I know! You are so sweet to keep everyone informed through this blog. Your card came in the mail with a Mother's Day card for me from my mom and dad. So as I was wiping the tears away after reading my parents' card, I had to get more kleenex after reading yours! :) I've told you that I was adopted as a baby (the adoption agency forgot to put me on that list :) ), and my mom and dad have always made me feel so special about it - a blessing from God, they always said. I loved reading my adopted baby book as a kid, so I know that Baby Cassady will treasure all the scrapbooking you're doing, as well as this blog. I would love to be able to read my parents' thoughts as they waited and prepared! Congratulations to you guys! We'll all have to practice the virtue of patience, as I know everyone is so excited for you!
    Love,
    Nicole & Chris

    ReplyDelete