Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another Present & An Update

In shopping at Heartstrings HUGE sale, I found this adorable picture frame with elephants on it, so you know I had to get it! I hated it didn't say "I love my Mommy" but I guess Adam needs some love too! Yes, it is blue, but if I have a girl, she will be required to LOVE BLUE (She will be a UK fan no matter what) :)





Update: Recently when I have been praying for our little miracle and the outstanding birth parents (yes, I believe they are a part of our miracle too and I have the utmost respect for them) I have been thinking of this lawyer here in town who helped some people we go to church with find their child several years ago. Now, I knew this man from my high school days when I dated his son. (Small world huh?) Anyway, he would come before me every time I prayed, so I finally worked up the courage to call him last week. We wanted him to be our adoption attorney anyway, so that was my ice breaker. We talked about that and what we needed to do when the time comes, but then I asked him if he was still in a position where he heard of people who were putting their children in adoption where we could do a private one and he said yes. We then talked a long time and we had a great conversation. He took my cell phone number and said to keep it on as sometimes things happen fast. (Wouldn't that be great!) He said he would use all the resources he could. He did say now that I've talked to him I'll get pregnant because that has happened a lot. I did laugh out loud and told him that would be a complete and utter miracle and scientists would be shocked! :)

Now, this is just another window God has opened up for us. Whether or not we actually get a child through this lawyer (which would be so much cheaper) or through our agency isn't a big deal, we just want our miracle. This is just another possibility. I believe we'll be the proud parents of a great blessing from God, but who knows when it will be. Yes, I can get so discouraged sometimes (and I do cry and scream in private) and I can be so impatient, but I am reminded daily how God truly knows best and will give us only the things we can handle. (Although, He must think I am a little stronger than I feel) :) Once that precious gift is in my arms, I know none of this will matter!

Please continue to remember us in your prayers. I know there is a lot of trouble going on in people's lives and this may seem tiny to some, but it's through daily prayers that we have made it through this much of the process.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet SIL,
    Please know how much our family loves you and Adam. You are so right...We all have our own heartaches and troubles, but I still believe it is our duty to pray for those we love. I remember you and Adam often in prayer, and ask that God will give you the desires of your heart. You both would make GREAT parents...My girls adore you! You have been such an inspiration and help to me (both spiritually and naturally), and I have always told you that your strong faith in God will not go unrecognized. I love the photo frame...and I am so glad windows continue to open for you. Maybe this lawyer is right....I would love more than anything to get a call that you are PREGNANT! So glad we are family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily I haven't stopped praying for you guys and I know that things will come together in God's time. You are so strong and you will be a wonderful Mommy to whomever comes your way! I can't imagine how the bad days feel, but I believe it will all be worth it in a little while. Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear of this development last night and I really enjoyed getting to catch up with you!

    I'll never look at elephants again without thinking of you. Okay, you know how I mean this, right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad more windows are opening for Baby Cassady to make his/her arrival. I absolutely can't wait for the phone call to hear! :-) We love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete