Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Profiling Our Lives (and a Neosporin comment too)















Alicia came over last night to help me put together our profile for the adoption agency, since Adam isn't a help in this situation :) We have to show our home, us, and our family. No pressure to look pretty in a picture since the birth families will be looking at this to see if they choose us or not!
OK... the Neosporin comment. When Anne was here, she had to check the expiration date (yes there is one) on our Neosporin. So, if I am at anyone's house soon, I will be checking the expiration dates and reporting you if they are expired! :) LOL

















This is the pile of pics and paper we stared with. We had such a good time doing this that when Baby Cassady comes, I think we will start scrapbooking as we need a hobby since we are both on a budget with building our homes!
















This is the beginning of the Adam & Emily page. We have lots of pages with our families, all our sweet nieces, in-laws, siblings, etc. I can say we are so blessed with such a great family. Also, thanks to Stephanie who bought a lot of these pics for me (she said it's her first present for our baby) :) as I am not a photographer and needed family pics from her!
















This is the "Drew" page. Drew lives in our basement and he is such a great blessing to our home. We love having someone else here as Adam and I get kind of tired of looking at only each other! :) He's good practice for us as we worry about him when he's gone and so I am going through the teenage years with a kid before the infant stages. :)

I'll have to share the whole book when we are finished. We are so excited to be at this point. Anne emailed me today with 4-5 more things we need to finish that she forgot to tell us... so needless to say we have more to do, luckily they aren't extensive, but just another thing to stress me out! We will just patiently wait, as we have for so long now, for Carter Daniel or Ava Kinser (or both) to arrive!

7 comments:

  1. Good thing you have a SNOW DAY to work on the book more and get the other stuff done you have to! :) Love you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't check my neosporin...I'm pretty sure it's the same tube I've had for 10 years, I don't think I even knew it had an expiration date...Love your scrapbook pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you won't find Neosporin at my house because I'm allergic to it! Yep, I'll say it again. I'm allegic to Neosporin. Who knew that was even possible. There's a super funny story as to how I found that out. Remind me and I'll tell you sometime! :-) Looks like you are well on your way to welcoming Baby Cassady! We simply can't wait for this to happen for you and Adam. Always, always, always a phone call away if you need us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...Neosporin expires? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scrapbook pages and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for allowing me to get a peak into your process! I must admit that I was one who was afraid of asking and unsure of what to do! I am so glad though to be able to read about it. Almost brought me to tears a few times and that is a great feat. I know that you will be AMAZING parents and I can't wait to help celebrate with you! Love you much!

    -Harmony

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this special process!! Love you and Adam and can't wait to meet sweet Ava or Carter :)

    ReplyDelete