Thursday, December 31, 2009

One More Step completed in our "Elephant" Pregnancy

OK, so if you didn't know... elephants are pregnant around 22 months. My cousin said when we decided on an adoption agency and signed the first papers, we were pregnant. So... I decided we are going to be like an elephant's pregnancy, maybe even longer.

So, Anne came today at 11:30 and didn't leave until 4:00! She came and interviewed Adam and I together on our family values, expectations, family history, etc. Next, she had to tour our home and check the safety things, which I am happy to say we passed with flying colors! :) Then she interviewed Adam and I separately. Asking us questions about each other and our relationship and our families. Then she needed a house plan, our fire escape plan (yes we have to have that hanging somewhere in our home), and check where all of the smoke alarms are. She needed our house plan to see if our room sizes would meet standard... can you believe there is a standard on room sizes for the process?!?! I am glad we weren't living in our other house or we might have been in trouble in that department!

Good news though... she did all she needed to do while she was here, so.... we have to pay her a hefty fee, get our criminal background checks done and sent to her, and then finish our profile (a book showing pics of us, our home and families) and send it in and we are on the waiting list! :) This means, hopefully as of the middle of January, we will be officially awaiting the call for the arrival of a new baby Cassady. There is no timeline or anything that can guarantee when we could get the call, but at least we have made it this far! If we do end up waiting a while, we will probably change our profile to say we would take a toddler instead of just a newborn or a baby that is just a few months old.

On a fun note... here are the names we want to use for our baby to be. I have had quite some time to think about this so.... if it is a boy "Carter Daniel Cassady" will be his name. Carter because I like that name and Daniel for Adam's middle name. If it is a girl... "Ava Kinser Cassady" will be her name. Ava cause I like it and Kinser for Mamaw (Adam's grandma's maiden name) We actually went to her house and told her that not too long ago and shared a beautiful teary eyed moment together. :) Yes, even Adam teared up when Mamaw did!

So in closing, thanks for the prayers for us today, as it went so well. Please keep praying for us and we will keep you posted through the blog and I promise to talk about something other than adoption too! When school starts back I will have kid stories to tell too, along with Adam stories too! Love to you all!

7 comments:

  1. Aw! I am so glad to hear things went well! I just cannot wait! I know things are going to be great, and I love you guys!!- Neesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew things would go great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it would go great!!!!! So I am figuring you are probably in the 2nd trimester don't ya think?? :) I hope you took a huge sigh of relief and chilled the whole night! Love you bunches and bunches!! Can't wait to spoil baby Cassady as you know I totally will :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis, you are awesome! I can't wait to see Carter or Ava....or both :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that things went well yesterday! You guys will be the greatest parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized that you had a blog! =) Glad things went well! You will be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My precious little Em! So glad to hear the great news. Love the names you have chosen too! You and Adam will make wonderful parents. Can't wait to read the funny stories you share on your blog. I know there will be plenty to choose from with Adam in your life! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete