Friday, January 22, 2010

New Tradition and an Update

Thursday night, Alicia and I started a new tradition.
We loved making the adoption profile scrapbook so much, we decided
to take up scrap booking for fun too. We came up with a time
once a month when we can get together, just us without the men
and boys, and scrapbook, talk, vent, and just enjoy each other's company. My mom actually says I won't follow through with this, as I am kind of ADD/ADHD and can't concentrate or finish much that I started, so I told her, I was glad she said that, as that gives me a reason to try to really stick with this. :) Mom is my biggest fan and I know she'll be proud when I am done! :)
















This is our "supply table." Never have a fun night with
girls without Sparkling Grape Juice and chocolates (which I am
proud to say, we didn't eat any!) We have bought
so many scrap booking items that we spent a lot of time going
through everything we bought and oohing and awing!















This is Alicia's page. She's doing a few Christmas
pages. We're doing 1-2 pages a night when we are
together and then doing at least one on our own before
our next "meeting." :)
















Here is my page. I am working on a vacation
scrapbook. This is one of the New York pages I am
working on from my trip with Allie and Neesa over
fall break. Such GREAT memories!!

The Update: The adoption agency received our
forms, profile and BIG OL' CHECK! So far, so good... no
emails or calls saying we left something out yet! So, when the
background checks come in next week, we're officially really
ELEPHANT PREGNANT! :) I told Allie today there's a song that
says "Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulders, don't you know,
the hardest part is over..." and that describes me for sure. I know
the waiting will be hard, but I feel that the past two years have been
harder than anyone can imagine and this part is going to be great.
I feel that a weight is lifted and my life is actually working the way
God has intended. What a great feeling! It's been so long since I have
felt that way. Thanks to all for listening!

6 comments:

  1. I'm soo happy for you both!! I know you've had to overcome a lot of difficult times, but I think God has something in store for you and one day it will be worth every single tear you have shed. I want you to know that I love you and Adam both and can't wait to hear the good news!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great tradition. I am impressed that you guys didn't eat any of those delicious chocolates! So glad everything is going good with the adoption. Love you both soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Maybe you two can get me back into it! I used to scrapbook years ago, but can't seem to find the time to do it anymore. It is so much fun though. Glad everything has been received by the adoption agency. Now, we just have to sit back and wait for the good news to roll in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I scrapbooked alot when N was little but it seems like I never have the time anymore...I miss it though! I'm glad the ball is rolling with the adoption process. I can't wait for the day the great news comes in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed by your scrapbooking skills! It can be addicting!

    Your update is exciting! I bet it will happen when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had sooooo much fun and can't wait to do it again! Glad we finally found us a hobby :) So glad to see you happy and that things are going your way!! You all deserve that so much!! And can't wait to kiss and cuddle with baby Cassady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete