Monday, February 1, 2010

All that Wasted $ on Birth Control & Pregnancy Tests!!!

I have been dying to use that title and thought this would be a good time to use it.
I added up all those years of birth control and approximate amount I spent on wasted pregnancy tests and it was.... over $2,000.00!!!! Such a waste of money!!! If I had only known then what I know now, I'd be rich! :)All this and I am reading a binder that is telling me how adoption is double the cost of natural child birth. So... let me tell you why I am thinking about all of this.
I emailed Anne and asked since I hadn't heard from her if that meant we were all squared away... well I got a response from her today and it made me say "UGH!!!!" She named 4 more things we were in need of doing! I mean come on... I need to learn not to ask and maybe they'll forget to tell me things and then we'll just slide on through! The first 3 things on the list are easy things to get done and send in. Most of which I got done today. But then there is this binder (the one from my first post) that is one of those 5-6 inches thick ones that we are supposed to read! Yes, we have to have read all of the articles and things in there before our names are officially on the "waiting list."
Well, I had already read a little, but they are calling this "11 hour credit" which means they think it will take us 11 hours to read it all!!! OH LORD!!! I am just having to read the articles and sum it up for Adam as he is WAAAAY more ADD/ADHD than I am and he can't do this!
So, I just needed to vent for a while to my blogger friends. I am usually a pretty
calm person who can handle things, but I am just about to explode! Thanks for listening!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking thank goodness you've got another day off tomorrow!!!

    I can't imagine all of the stress and red tape that goes along with this process! On the bright side, once your little one joins your family, this will all be a distant memory! For the time being - feel free to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating, Sis! UGH! I know it stinks now, but it will all be worth it when you hold that sweet little bundle of joy :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief!!! Haven't you been patient long enough!!?!?!? Well maybe this is the last items to do! Fingers crossed!!!!

    ReplyDelete