Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thanks and Thursday :)

First of all, I never believed I would receive such sweet comments on my first post! I told Alicia today that I felt that a weight was lifted off of me when I typed that last night. I felt that I didn't want to be secretive or not have people talk to us because we are not ashamed of our situation and know, however hard it is, there is a reason for this and God will guide us through. I appreciate your comments, which let me know you were all feeling like me, I knew you didn't want to hurt me but you didn't know what to do or say. Please talk away, as this is one of the most important events in my life and I want to share it with all of my friends and family! So thank you for assuring me, this whole blog thing is a good thing for me, even if I don't have a lot of pics or fun kid stories to tell! (Although, I do have Adam, who I know will provide many funny stories for the blog in the future) :)

Now on Thursday, our case worker, Anne, is coming for our first official home visit. We aren't fully sure what that is going to entail. Nice huh, to be guessing at what exactly is going to happen. Most likely she is just going to look at our home and make suggestions on our safety things, but it could be interviews with Adam and I and then us separately. This is just one step closer to our dream, yet it makes my stomach churn to think about someone coming to our home and looking at us under a microscope. So, please pray for Adam and I on Thursday that we will get through this step and move on toward our final goal, a precious child! Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Yayy!!!! Welcome to the blogging world. It's addictive...sorry! I can't wait to meet the child that gets to be so blessed to have you for a Mommy. I can't tell you how often I think of you and Adam and I know that things will work out for good. Good luck on Thursday. You're STILL in my prayers. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a little retail therapy tomorrow will calm your nerves for Thursday ;) oh and anytime you feel the need to post goofy kid pics or stories come for a visit and we will provide you some!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, stories about Adam will surely be as entertaining as what we have to offer. The best I have to offer from my day today is that one of the kids announced with great pleasure a complete description, I'm talking model, make, and year of what he left in the toilet. Lovely.

    Wow - Thursday is just around the corner! Every step is one step closer, right? I'll be anxious to hear how it goes - I'm sure you two will impress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the new blog! Will be thinking of you guys on Thursday, I know things will work out for you guys because God has a plan for your family. Life is so hard sometimes, but keep your head up and rely on God to show you the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a great visit. I'm sure she'll think ya'll are as great as the rest of us do. Here's a little advice...don't let Adam eat any beans for the next couple of days! :-)

    ReplyDelete