Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thank You Might Never Be Enough

After returning home from a LONG first day of school, I walk in my kitchen and on my counter I found this gift bag that said "I said a prayer for you today." Inside I found the sweetest little elephant rattle and big elephant with a precious bracelet, and a CD with inspiring songs. More than that, I found 19 cards from people who have been praying for our family. Some from family and my best friend, dear friends, and then from some people I know, but I had no idea they knew of our situation or had been praying for us.

I sat in the middle of the floor reading each and every word that was written. I had to get a tissue half of the way through because my tears were blocking my ability to read. Our situation can be extremely difficult and there are days I feel so alone, but today my heart was full of joy knowing there are so many of you out there praying for us. This was the sweetest gift because I know it was from the hearts of all who wrote in it.

I love each of you and "thank you" truly couldn't be enough for the joy I feel in my heart and the thankfulness I have for each prayer you have said for us. I appreciate the gift and prayers more than you will ever know. Please consider this my deepest thanks for everything and I am asking that you continue to pray for us that we'll be blessed with a family and do everything we are supposed to do. There are so many unknowns and uncertainties along this journey, but I know in the end God will provide the family we are supposed to have.

I am so thankful for getting the courage to begin this blog as I believe it has opened people's eyes to the fact that not evereything in life is Mayberry or Leave it to Beaver. I feel I have had contact with people I never would have before and they have strengthened me in ways I never thought possible. Thank you again for your kindness, words will never express the joy the present brought me.

Our future family may not be a "traditional" family but it will be ours and perfect for us and for that I am extremely thankful.





Here is the sweet bag.




The sweetest elephants with a "believe" bracelet, which I will wear A LOT!




The cards & CD before I opened them :)

10 comments:

  1. Love you a big ole' bunch! :-) So glad that the gift lifted your spirits! That was its intention! Just another story to share with sweet Baby Cassady when he/she finally makes its arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! You deserve all the happiness in the world! I know God has a plan for you and Adam and I can't wait to see it unfold! I know that it will be truly the family of your dreams! Love you lots and lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that it increased your faith and helped you after a long day at work! Love you so much, and I am so glad we have been seeing more of each other! I can't wait to see just what great things God has in store for Adam and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to bring a smile to your and Adam's face thru no doubt this long journey. Just remember to keep your faith in the one that is able to do ANYTHING. Still praying for your little family. Hope school is off to a good start for you, Neesa and Katie.

    Much love from the Vincent's

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now I'm in tears reading YOUR words!

    Glad it meant so much to you. In case you didn't know, this little secret gift started several weeks ago and took a while to get to everyone. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to say, did you get the bag yet!!???

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet, you have some really great friends and family.

    I just had to finally post. I couldn't help but reading your blog because it is so sweet and inspiring. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily,
    Tears are streaming down my face as I am so thankful this gift had the affect on you that we were hoping it would...not that it made you cry, but that it increased your faith and helped you to see that there are people praying everyday. I believe God is working on the other end! I love you and will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that your spirits were lifted and that you felt God move in an amazing way. :)

    Praying for your family, including baby Cassady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad our gift increased your faith and will hopefully give you and Adam a little boost along the way! God is hearing our prayers and will answer in His time. Just hold on...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Checking in with you --- any updates!! Thinking and praying for you, your husband and your baby!!

    ReplyDelete